No, I'm not referring to blogging absense, but instead, ask you to look within yourself and ask, "who's there?" The classic line from Hamlet has new meaning for me. I had the honor of attending the Near West Theater for a production of Godspell tonight, and I had completely forgotten my love of plays....and now as I think, my love of many other things that were once the center of my life.
I find it facinating to think how different I am since I have moved here. I am most certainly not myself, and I'm ashamed at my lack of initiative and self awareness. I used to watch many plays, read tons of books, enjoy sitting in the metroparks and relaxing. I used to ice skate, and rollerblade, and swim. I loved to ride horses and walk through the cornfields or the woods.
I am most certainly not the person I was, should be, and long to be again. I'm hoping that in time I will find that person again and be spritually free and happy. Perhaps there are a few of us that may think the same of themselves....are you unkind but had never been before? Are you overly active and too busy to smell the roses, or perhaps the opposite, sitting on the couch without motivation in your life. I'm sure if we all look back on our lives, we will see that there is something in our hearts that have changed with our responisbilities and surroundings that you desperately need back in your life.
So I challenge you to ask "who's there?" and when you figure it out - make yourself as happy as you can being who you really are deep down inside :)
4 comments:
Wow.. that's really deep Shannon. Way too deep for me to comtimplate on a Friday night after the day I had. But, I do have to say it has me thinking. I used to be a hockey freak - never missed a game. Now? I'm lucky if I see a game. Rollerblading? Yeah, that never happens. You have to wonder though. Is it that you are no longer that person or that it's just not that time in your life anymore?
Shannon being deep. Hmmmmm, I'll have to ponder that thought for awhile. ;o) All kidding aside. You've had a lot of changes in your life, Shannon. Not just moving but having a young child. That changes all of us. I know I am no longer the person I was when I first had Manda, but I don't think I'm any worse off for it. In fact, I think I'm better off. Life is full of changes. We can't just stagnate and stay the way we were through our whole lives, for if we do so, then we lose so much. And, we don't grow within ourselves and become better people.
I agree with Manda. Now is probably not the time for all those pursuits you had when you were single and fancy-free. One day you'll be older (trust me it happens to all of us), Ella will be gone living her own life and you'll find then that you have lots of time to pursue other adventures. Perhaps you'll want to go back to those things you enjoyed before, but I think more likely you'll have new things that you'll want to try.
Agreed...and agreed...(with both Manda & her Mom.)
Ya know what else would be cool? If my friends could find 5 minutes here or there to post blog entries more often. I'm not getting on anyone's case, or pointing any fingers, but when I'm down to once a week & I'm the only with any new posts - just kinda wierd ya know? I mean, why should keep checking my friends blogs if there's never any new posts? Come on people! I know I know it's the Holidays & all, but we're all busy. At least find a minute or two...it doesn't take that long to give us a small window into your life does it?
Maybe some of us just don't have a whole lot to say. ;o)
Post a Comment