Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wondergirl is at it again.....

Kent State University....what a huge let down. I found the campus huge and impersonal, and the people nasty and rude (with the exception of a parking guy who let me park for free and a nice receptionist at the Business college office). Other than that, I am completely dissappointed. I have since visited Cleveland State University and I'm all set to attend their business college for HR mgmt in the fall. So now I'm going to have to give away the KSU shirt Jason bought me and talk him into getting me a CSU hoodie ;) See, its all good, I get more clothes this way! LOL. I'm still considering going to Kent for my masters, but that will be different because I may be able to use more distance learning and remote locations for those courses.

In other news....I have added another class for this semester. Yes, I am crazy, and yes I even shocked myself with that one, and no, I will not have a life for the last 8 weeks of the semester. Benefits of this include:
--Less courses to try and fit in this summer
--Possibly the difference in taking 3 semesters at CSU or 4
--I get special treatment at home because I need to be very studious ;)

So now my list of courses are as follows:
--Business Strategies
--Non-Western Art
--Human Resource Management
--Math for Business Majors
--Accounting Principles
--Intro to Humanities
--Microeconomics
=23 credit hours

Doesn't seem so bad when you list it out eh? The Micro has been pretty easy so far...no projects, no reports, just tests. Non-Western Art is online and I'm taking it with Jackie, so that's an easy A. HR mgmt has been easier than I thought so far too. Accounting...what a laugh that class is (I learned my decimals all over again--gee soooo hard..lol). Math, not easy, but not hard either...just gotta work a little for that one. Business strategies and Humanities will start on the 20th - The one is a telecourse, and the other is being taught by one of my favorite teachers...once again, easy A's.

I'm getting excited about the house and I can't wait to move in! June 16th seems forever away, but when I consider all my classwork and things I'd like to accomplish before we move, its perfect timing. I have a whole "To Do" list of things for cleaning out my packed stuff in the basement, sewing, etc. before that time comes. Spring break will be packed with little projects. Speaking of which, I'd like to possibly do a little road trip around that time if there are any peoples that would like to be visited - depends on the timing etc, but would really like to have a lunch date or something with someone(s).

Wow...really long-winded today....guess I should blog more so you don't have so much to read in one sitting. I hope all is well with everyone--pass my hello's through the grapevines :)

7 comments:

Ruth said...

Sweet! Hit those books! I'll check my calendar around the moving date...if I can I'll come help, but no promises... work will be in the full swing of the season by that time, so who knows.

Shannon said...

No need to come help...would just love for you to visit as soon as you can :) We need a good movie night with popcorn, pizza, and lots of soda!!

Ruth said...

That'll be easier once you're in the new place since there will be someplace for me to sleep. Call me crazy, but I just can't see driving 2 hours there & 2 hours back just for a movie & popcorn...not when gas is so freakin' expensive. Sorry...but you know I love ya anyways.

Shannon said...

Silly girl - I meant that you should come stay for a few days and we need to fit in a movie night ;)

Ruth said...

Yeah...after the move.

Amanda and Nathan said...

Dude, you know i'm up for a lunch date and for many many visits after you move. You just tell me when and where on the lunch thing. :)

Shannon said...

I just bought nice new pillows for the guest bed....we're getting ready for you!