So I managed to pull an A on my test in my business principles class this morning....However, I'm afraid that I didn't too so well on my business communications test, I think. I'm hoping that my intuition is wrong and I at least scraped by with a B. I also sent my first case study off for grading today - I'm sure I will earn the grade I deserve, which isn't exactly good. I am gearing up for a long next two days of studying for my marketing test. Its an online class but I have to take the tests at school in the testing center. I will be able to bring my lecture notes the, so that gives me some peace of mind. Will be working really hard to make sure all the impertinent information I need is clearly outlined on my notes!
Other than that, I'm in charge of making sure our plants are well watered tomorrow as it will be near 90 degrees, and doing the usually Ella bean stuff. We have recently learned that it takes almost a full 3 minutes of concentration for a toddler to learn something new, so will be working really hard with the first 5 letters of the alphabet and numbers 1-5 for the next few weeks. We all know that 3 minutes of concentration for a toddler actually amounts to about 30 minutes. So it will take time, but knowing how and the time involved in toddler learning will help me to teach her wonderful things :) She already knows what A and O are in a book, and knows that holding up 1 finger is one. She can identify a cow, piggy, Tigger, Pooh, Elmo, Big Bird, duckies, kitties, and doggies. Cow's go moooo, piggy's make funny noses, kitties are high squeels, and doggies go irf irf irf. We're having issues with B, even after the "bob" stage....although I find it rather amusing that her first word other than mama and dada is bob....I mean, who else can say that about their kid???
We are scheduled to view some condos this weekend, hopefully if I get J in the looking mode, it will get him in the moving mood. The houses previously listed have been sold, we're too slow, but there are always more entering the market everyday! Jason has decided after speaking with some coworkers that long-time employment with ABB is not in his future plans. He will make use of the situation to obtain his masters degree, fulfill his one year committment, then he will start job searching elsewhere. So, the condo idea is more appealing as the days go by because we only plan to be specifically here for about 4-5 years. Then who knows where we'll go! I'm optimistic about the whole situation, but I won't be completely upset if we hold off for a little while longer. 6-9 months would be okay, even tho 3-4 would be better :) I'd like to have my own Christmas this year, I guess we'll see!
Other than that, I'm in an amazing good mood today - thanks in part to the nice A I received. It also gives me that little push I need to strive to do well in all of my classes. I also happened to dress nicely today, which as much as I love wearing my comfys, really gives someone confidence and makes you feel like you have purpose. I should dress up at least once a week!
Well, I've rambled long enough - I'm going to attemp to use this picture thingie to post some nice pics of Ella! I hope you all have a wonderfull weekend and maybe just maybe, try and put on something nice and do something that makes you feel wonderfull about yourself!
2 comments:
She really is a cutie!
When she's ready to learn, believe me her attention span will lengthen.
Thanks :)
Post a Comment