Thursday, April 06, 2006

What a nice end to a long long day...

I had a pretty rough night with Ella, who experienced her first bad dreams last night. Then I woke up early to make a cake for Jason's grandparents, dough for homemade pizza, and to get ready to go give blood up on campus. So, then I was there, waiting, and waiting, and waiting to give blood, and finally made it home around 3pm-ish.

Then another fun round of working in the kitchen and then baking the pizza, serving dinner, then cleanup. Then I made the homemade frosting (pain in the ass but well worth it) and finished that. So then I finally sit down and catch a few minutes of Extreme Makeover (they did a special on New Orleans)and some of the OC (which I haven't actually watched since the first season) and then, as I'm going through the channels thinking I might find Scooby Doo or something for Ella to fall asleep to I come across my favorite channel showing one of my favorite shows ever :)

PBS ran a series of shows putting average families in the lives of people on the wild American Frontier, Nazi Germany, and one set in a Mansion in England (I think). They are sooo much better than your basic reality TV - and they take place for 4-5 months so it gives a realistic view of what it would be like to live in their shoes. This one tonight was Frontier house - the first portion - and I'm sooo excited to see if they continue running them tomorrow night. (Ruth I'm sure you can understand my excitment, since it was you who got me watching them in the first place!!!) Oh! And another season is coming out in May - something like Texas Ranch House....gotta check it out :)

Well, in other news, J's grandfather has cancer and we will be going through a lot the next 2 weeks, so if blogging is practically non-existent, you know why. Keep him in your prayers and I hope you all have a sun-filled weekend :)

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Yeah, I taped all the episode of Frontier House...so if ya have a VHS still handy, I may let you borrow them sometime...but they aren't exactly great quality. I had bunny ears when I taped it...sorry.

Anonymous said...

Shannon!!!! Check your my space and get ahold of me some time.... I'd like to see how you are doing!! The crazy redhead (who isn't so crazy anymore) from the good old days as mmaspr