Wednesday, August 03, 2005

3 down, 2 to go....

Well, I haven't received my grade for the marketing class yet, but as of this last exam, I have one A and one B. Next, I journey to my English 1020 class - we are going to be given 3 poems in our book and we have to choose 1 to write about. We need to "fully" analyze the poem of our choice, handwritten, 3-4 pages. YUCKOS! Shouldn't be too bad tho, seeing as we're allowed to use our book :) I'll have to point out all the components of poetry, such as the use of alliteration, where there are metaphors, similies, personification, all that junk.....line by line. Then I need to add what I thought the poem was about and how the author conveys the meaning through the figurative language. As horrible as this may sound to a few of you, I found the last poetry paper quite easy and I hope it won't be too much of a challenge for me. I'm so used to expressing my thoughts directly to the computer screen, that the handwritting is all that I'm concerned with at this point. Wish me luck, cross some fingers, and I should hopefully come out with an A in the class - its borderline, but I think I can swing it :)

No comments: